Linux Biolinum O causes unreadable PDF

asked 2018-12-06 05:43:44 -0600

fordprefect gravatar image

updated 2018-12-13 02:04:50 -0600

I like the font and created lots of documents with it, espacially for application purposes. The documents were created with Libre Office and with that a pdf was created. One of this docutments is a publication list, in which I have hyperlinks bullet point lists italic and bold letters. Under Fedora 29 evince can't read this document. I tried out qpdfreader and okular. They can read it but have the problems with some letters. Sometimes a cursive m appears as a space. That holds for old documents that I created under Ubuntu but also for new ones. The linux-libertine-biolinum package is installed.

I changed the fonts of the document to liberation serif and everything was fine. But I really want to continue to use that fonts.

A small update: The created files are correctly displayed in Libre Office Draw. Also on my Android phone it looks okay. A colleague told me that on his Windows machine with Adobe Reader it was displayed correctly.

In case you don't have an idea but know a better place to report I am also thankful for this hint.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete