Anaconda-navigator does not start up

Hi there,

I have installed Anaconda Navigator together with the Anaconda suite on Fedora 34. conda works fine, but while trying to launch anaconda-navigator I am met with the following

$ anaconda-navigator
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /home/giuliocentorame/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/../../../libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open iris: /home/giuliocentorame/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/../../../libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/iris_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: iris
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /home/giuliocentorame/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/../../../libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /usr/lib64/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib64/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

The graphical interface does not load either (I get a square at the centre of the desktop for what I suppose is the loading screen). I tried following all the relevant steps on the troubleshooting guide, with no luck.

Would you be able to help me get it to work?

Thank you!

1 Like
  • running strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX shows that it exists at the system-level

see if this TOPIC help you

Regards.,

2 Likes

That did the trick, thank you!