Black screen with "AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT"

Hi.

I installed a new Fedora 37 on a new system with an “AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT”.

Since the installation software cannot handle the graphics card, the installation was carried out with the reduced graphics. When the system is installed, “nomodeset” is then automatically set as a kernel parameter.

After the installation, I performed all updates and checked whether all the necessary packages (firmware, mesa, …) were installed. Although they appear to be, as soon as “nomodeset” is disabled, the screen turns off when the system boots.

So there seems to be a problem with the firmware or the driver in the kernel.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

I also made the following observation:

As soon as the system runs “modprobe amdgpu”, the signal to the screen is interrupted, the GPU logo illumination and the GPU fans are disabled. After a few seconds, the lighting of the GPU logo is activated again, but the GPU fans remain off.

Does anyone have any information on how the GPU logo lighting and the GPU fans normally behave when “modprobe amdgpu” is run?

The problem got solved:

The display was connected to the graphics card with a DVI cable through a DVI/HDMI adapter. Apparently “amdgpu” had a problem recognizing the screen (correctly) with this configuration, which led to the error message “[drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes”.

I have now connected another display directly to DVI and now everything works as it should.