Blank screen after screen locked and no response

1. I have a new external monitor, LG 29WK600, its screen size is 29". Why does Fedora 34 detect and call it LG Electronics 34" :flushed:. But the resolution detected is correct.
  2. After replacing the old one, Samsung LS24F350FFEXXT, with this new external monitor, blank screen after screen lock with no response has happened every time. Does this new external monitor concern this problem ? After I have removed HDMI cable out of the notebook. Everything is ok.
  3. And this question (updated video link of question) does not occur any more except a warning sound after using this new external monitor. This is good.
1 Like

I’ve had the same problem with a laptop with an intel gpu (n4100 apu).
It didn’t happen on the same hardware with ubuntu.
Probably it’s something related to gnome 40 on wayland.

1 Like

Now both Primary Display and Secondary/External Display,LG 29WK600-W, blackout.
I have to remove and use SAMSUNG LS24F350FHEXXT instead :pensive:.

I also have lg, did you try to check the settings of the monitor it selves? Menu > General > OSD Lock. See if this is on, This might locks you the screen ?!

1 Like

Thank you so much.
Now just right after input the username and password on Fedora login page, both monitors, immediately blackout :disappointed:. Keyboard and mouse still work but anyway notebook has to be switched off.

@afdrnk did you try to log in with x11?

1 Like

I have yet to, but that defies the point of having gnome 40/wayland in the first place.

1 Like

Sometimes hardware incompatibilities override personal preferences. Wayland is not perfect and is much younger than xorg so has had less time to iron out the bugs.

1 Like

I tried GNOME on Xorg, the result is the same :disappointed: .

Did I report this bug to the wrong place ?

It works on ubuntu, clear llinux, cent os, debian, arch linux…
It’s fedora that’s not configured properly.

1 Like

Please have a look on the link below. Maybe this helps you to find out what is wrong. I guess there is a problem with the frequency ?!

Have you both ever checked if there is a firmware update for your laptops/computers?

Ultrawide monitor on Linux

1 Like

Is this external monitor detected automatically on Ubuntu and Arch Linux ?
I am an ordinary user, setting up additionally is not that easy for me :cold_sweat:.