Bluetooth A2DP Audio Troubles

Hi, I did a fresh install of fedora 30 recently and everything(for the most part) worked great. Unfortunately, my Bluetooth headphones(WH-1000XM2) stopped working today. I can hear audio with the Headset Head Unit config (mono). The High Fidelity config is listed as an option but I can just barely hear audio when selected. Volume is at max. The Hight Fidelity config still works using the internal speakers and the analog headphone jack

How do I troubleshoot this? DNF history shows I have done a few updates recently. Perhaps one of those caused the issue? I’m not sure where to start.

Have a look here
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-send-sound-through-bluetooth-on-linux/

This should also work for Fedora using dnf package manager.
There seems to be a package conflict for instance.
But despite of this my Fedora 30 is collaborating with a bluetooth receiver a2dp. I can send sound out of Fedora 30 to a bluetooth receiver. It appears as new playback HiFi a2dp sink in Pulseaudio.

In case of troubles investigate on capabilites of controller and receiving device by mean of
bluetoothctl

Since Fedora 29, Fedora users using RPM Fusion can do:

dnf shell 
install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld
remove pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
run

This package contains: “Bluetooth audio (A2DP/HSP/HFP) support for the PulseAudio sound server. Includes support for LDAC, aptX and aptX-HD codecs.”

Enjoy!

EDIT: fix for conflicts with nonfreeworld package as reported by [awfed]

3 Likes

Welcome to the new AskFedora @kwizart :slight_smile:

dnf install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld
Letzte Prüfung auf abgelaufene Metadaten: vor 0:32:44 am Fr 17 Mai 2019 17:32:41 CEST.
Fehler: 
 Problem: problem with installed package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-12.2-3.fc30.x86_64
  - package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld-1.1-3.fc30.x86_64 conflicts with pulseaudio-module-bluetooth < 12.2-100 provided by pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-12.2-3.fc30.x86_64
  - conflicting requests
  - package pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-freeworld-1.1.99-2.fc30.x86_64 conflicts with pulseaudio-module-bluetooth < 12.2-100 provided by pulseaudio-module-bluetooth-12.2-3.fc30.x86_64

What to do now?