Bluetooth connection issue

Bluetooth: Device-1: Intel AX200 Bluetooth type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus-ID: 1-4:3 
           Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 3 state: down bt-service: enabled,running rfk-block: hardware: no software: yes 
           address: see --recommends 

Bluetooth devices act weird in my laptop, Bluetooth speaker disconnect automatically after few minutes and doesn’t connect again, i have to delete the profile to be able to connect the speakers again but if i connect my headphone bluetooth works fine no disconnect but to connect again i have to delete the profile.

I had the same issue in fedora 34 as well…

Edit: Hello future searchers! It turns out it was a hardware issue that would also affect Windows (in which case it’d be greyed out in the device manager). Essentially there’s a hardware bug with this chipset that sometimes causes bluetooth to fail, and it can be temporarily fixed by turning off the power, unplugging from the wall, waiting up to a minute, and then booting up again. Beyond that it seems to be random. When it’s working, lsusb will give you “Intel Corp. AX200 Bluetooth” and rfkill list will have a bluetooth entry.

This is what i found while searching about the intel ax200 … seems like there’s no hope left

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=257478

These People are talking about a particular motherboard but i dont know if the problem is with intel hardware Ax200 or the motherboard… but driver are updated on windows as well, and windows have similar issues.

1 Like

I thought it was a hardware thing as i dont use windows too often so today as i was playing games i tested the bluetooth with my speakers and it turns out, in windows the Bluetooth works just fine, it connects pretty fast and doesn’t have any connection issues…

it would be cool if someone can help me debug this issue in fedora…

I’m not sure, but I have same issue. Sometime it remember the connection, but most of the time not.

But for now, since the profile already saved and shown on Gnome Setting, my workflow change to reinitialize (make it on state ready for new connection) from the bluetooth headset and it just reconnect to laptop.