Bluetooth mouse painfully slow in F31

Hello there,
I haven’t used Fedora since 28 and come back from the Mint side of things because Fedora was my first true love.
I installed a fresh F31, run kernel 5.3.11-300 and disabled wayland (although this problem was also present with it enabled).
Here is my problem:
After I paired my Logitech MX Master 2S using bluetooth (via blueman) I noticed super slow movement. I tried to increase the mouse speed to full speed but it was still extremely slow. (I set the setting back to about 75% since this also controls my Trackpoint and that is reasonable for it)

I tried adjusting the acceleration profile in tweak tools, installed piper to mess with the dpi settings, since that was suggested somewhere but nothing helped. Some dude on the internet suggested an xinput command that helps but this setting is reverted all the time: on boot up, after suspend, after reconnecting with mouse, sometimes randomly and is thus not helpful at all:

xinput set-prop \"MX Master 2S Mouse\" \"Coordinate Transformation Matrix\" 4.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 4.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000

Can someone help me out here and point me in the right direction? I connect and disconnect my mouse often, since I use it with other computers (in one of the three bluetooh pairing “slots”).
Any help is much appreciated!

Hi @larph01 welcome to the community.

I found this bug report, maybe the solution commented will help you (not sure)

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1715434

Regards.

1 Like

Thank you so much for pointing me to this!

This helped me solve it and if anyone else has the same problem, here is what you have to do:

Go to /usr/lib/udev/hwdb.d/70-mouse.hwdb and search for the MX Master 2s mouse. There are a few entries there. Find the buggy entry: MOUSE_DPI=2000@2000 and change it to MOUSE_DPI=1000@2000.
Save the file and call sudo systemd-hwdb update and shut mouse off and on.

Now since I wanted my mouse lightning fast and the mouse and trackpoint speeds are both configured by this “mouse” speed settings in Gnome settings, my trackpoint was way to fast.
I applied my newly learned knowledge about hwdb and configured my trackpoint speed. This is how:

Go to /usr/lib/udev/hwdb.d/70-pointingstick.hwdb and find the entries for your device. Change sensitivity and acceleration (e.g. to 130 and 1.1 resp.).
Call sudo systemd-hwdb update && sudo udevadm control --reload-rules && udevadm trigger and test.

This survives a restart but will probably be killed by a system update. But anyway it works for now and I don’t understand enough of this stuff to make it right. Thank you @xtym!

1 Like