Built in keyboard doesn't work off cold boot

This is a repost of one I made almost a month ago. I’ll try again, since I really enjoy this distro and I don’t want to jump to another one.

Recently jumped to this distro after my Arch got blown up by the grub update and the inbuilt keyboard of my notebook doesnt work off a cold boot. If I reboot, it works perfectly, however, I need the keyboard to decrypt the disk and can only do so if I plug in a USB one.

I had the same issue on Arch and it was fixed with some tinkering with the mkinitcpio config file .

Now, from what little I understand, mkinitcpio is an Arch specific tool, and cannot be used for this scenario. What research I did pointed me to dracut, which I would somehow need to tinker with to force it to load the proper modules when I need them. I get that there is space for a user config file in /etc/ and I tried to add the line:

force_drivers+="amdgpu asus_wmi atkbd dm_crypt ext4 fat i2c_hid i8042 ohci_pci xhci_pci"

as it was in the mkinitcpio, as a hail mary, and ofcourse it didn’t work, but it was my best guess.

Anyone have any advice on what I would need to tweak to make my keyboard work off a cold boot? Or to be more specific, if it’s possible to translate the solution I linked for Arch into this environment.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Keyboard doesn’t work off a cold boot. (ASUS ZenBook UX325SA_UM325SA 1.0)