Can we get a German discussions category?

Hello @rugk… Yes of course we can have German Language… when we setup discourse in the initial, two contributor here in discourse start the process but for some health of one members and time for another one this work can’t continue… and the process was suspended…

To start a Language all We need is a long-term support… and at least two member…

We have a check list to help in the process is you’re interested:

Feel free to contact the staff and admin…

Updated

@rugk this is the Standard Operation Procedure:

Regards.,

1 Like

I don’t have access to the link, you’ve posted.

sorry is in the lounge, only trust user level 3 can acces it, I correct the original post @rugk

Regards.,

Two community members had already started to setup a German category. @lailah, @andilinux, what is the latest status?

I think the process stalled and they didn’t complete the setup. In my opinion, the biggest challenge for a new language is that it needs a permanent moderator (or two). I wish I could volunteer but unfortunately I can’t commit because I am busy with job, family and other projects.

@moderators. Can we bump @rugk to lever 3 - he is a long-time member of the old askbot forum. That way he can be involved in the lounge. Thanks

1 Like

Well, for sure due to stress and long time of illness I haven’t been able to moderate and to work further on the German site.

Nevertheless, if somebody wants to work with me or I can take a look today getting an overview about unsucceded tasks.

Finally, I fully agree that there have to be German support on Fedora.

Cheers

Andi

2 Likes

if they start the process, we can make he/him and another members temporary admin right, when they finish their job, we can downgrade them, and make @rugk moderator and the other member user trust level 4…

Regards.,

3 Likes

Hello,
I’m sorry for this as I am partially guilty. I volunteered to help with the German support but later on I had so much in hand that it simply slipped away. Right now, I can’t grant a full time commitment as my health is not in its best moment and I have a Fernsehturm tall pile of things to do.
I can help with occasional support, particularly when it comes to KDE and graphic/design/art/photography related subjects.
Kind regards,
Lailah

Sorry, that was a misunderstanding. I meant to push him to Level 3 so @rugk can participate in the Lounge.

So? :thinking: :thinking:

I can help out here as well if needed.

1 Like

Are there any news on this?

1 Like

I can help out as Plattdüütsch admin :wink:

3 Likes

I have mailed @ankursinha today in order to get things in run and to re-activate it. It’s important that Ask Fedora provides a German discussion category.

I am going to work on it and I warmly welcome all folks to join me into this work and effort to put this topic to a succesful story and end!

Cheers

Andi

Hi,

It really isn’t up to me. We have the SOP here for proposing new language categories. Please follow the steps there:

At this point, it’s best to start the process to set up the language category again from zero. Please do go through the previous post on setting this up to see what issues were encountered last time. (We must be able to ensure that the new category will be actively and regularly monitored and responded to by community volunteers in the long term. )

3 Likes

Hey,

yea :slight_smile: Great news!
Then hopefully other members who want to join can comment here or chat with me directly.
Starting the process again from zero is best and may take time. But I am sure finally the work on it will be great!
The new categrory has to be maintained and moderated at least by 2 moderators. One is my person.
So german folks, don’t mind getting your hands dirty on it :wink:

We also need to attract question askers and answerers — I don’t like to see ghost town categories!

5 Likes

Yea, I see your point! Thx for adding it!

I could certainly do so, as long as I’m not alone… :wink: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Nope;) We would do it together! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey folks!
Sorry for the long time not updating you about any progress for the German discussion categroy.

Well,
the best would be, if interested people add the names here, who would like to help me :wink:

Have a nice day!

v/r
Andi/andilinux