Cannot share screen properly on Microsoft Teams

Moreover, it used to work before I updated my system, so I think it is a regression.

Does anyone else have this same problem?

I am facing same issue. I can share screen from Edge Browser but they see just black screen with cursor.

I have teams app as well and I can’t share screen from there at all. I don’t see anything in share tray to select.

Might be that Microsoft now more about it. Have you had a look there ?

Facing the same issue even on the proprietary app. Clicking the share button, the list to choose Desktop to share is blank, This used to work correctly last week… :frowning:
Not sure which updates were installed (teams or OS upgrades)

• On fedora 34 with wayland.
1 Like

There was a Kernel update from 5.11 to 5.12 on the weekend. You might try an older Kernel version. But i guess this issue has todo with your Graphic card. Changes the Kernel it messes up the driver.

I’m having the same issues i tried switching to xorg just as a test and still no screen sharing…

Still I cannot share the full screen with Microsoft Teams web app.

Sharing a single windows work.

Anyone now more about this?

1 Like

Sharing in Wayland doesn’t work. It works fine in Xorg

4 Likes

UPDATE: I uninstalled teams and deleted all corresponding directories switched to Xorg and reinstalled the latest version of teams, all system updates and everything is working!

3 Likes

The same issue here

Do you use Xorg? Does the previous post can help?

Same here if use gnome with wayland, but I use Gnome with X11 and it all features Microsofit Teams is works fine. but there is drawback wihen using gnome with Xorg, my 3 touch finger can’t work any more.

I tried to use Xorg, but so just like Afiadi Soenarto says, on touchpad my 3 touch finger can’t work any more, and this is one of the bests features that i really use… :frowning:

Sharing in MS Teams in both Chrome/Chromium and Microsoft Edge works under Wayland if you enable the webrtc-pipewire flag:
chrome://flags/#enable-webrtc-pipewire-capturer
edge://flags/#enable-webrtc-pipewire-capturer

3 Likes

Thank you for the tip! I’ll try and report afther that.

I confirm that sharing screen in Microsoft Teams works with Chromium Freeworld if you enable “WebRTC Pipewire support” via the option that @lteworte posted:
chrome://flags/#enable-webrtc-pipewire-capturer

Check also this guide:
https://uwot.eu/blog/microsoft-teams-on-fedora-and-wayland-with-screenshare/

Which was suggested to me by by @lightonflux in this topic

5 Likes

Thank you bro. I use edge-dev. Fast solution.

1 Like

I have Fedora 34 Workstation and I cannot properly share screen on Microsoft Teams with Google Chrome.
You need change window system from Wayland to Xorg, for that, logoff in session and alter to GNOME on Xorg.

It’s working!

1 Like

This works for me with KDE desktop environment.

On a side note, it looks like (1) the linux app for Microsoft Team is being retired, (2) Microsoft Team now works on Firefox, except for video