¿Cómo instalar plex media server en Fedora 32?

Hola! He estado investigando cómo instalar el plex media server en Fedora 32 y después de instalar el rpm aún no puedo tener acceso a los archivos de la carpeta Vídeos. Me intento basar en esta fuente: https://forums.plex.tv/t/new-plex-installation-cant-see-files/196460/7. Sin embargo, aún no lo logro con exito. Estoy seguro que es necesario agregar ciertos permisos a plex. ¿Alguna intuición de cómo lograrlo? Gracias!

Most likely you are hitting an SELinux error. IIRC from the previous time I did this, the context needed to be changed.

1. What directory are you placing your media files into?
  2. What are the permissions on that directory?
    $ ls -ldZ /path/to/dir
  3. What do the Audit logs print when you try to access the files in that dir using the Plex server?
    $ sudo tail -n 50 /var/log/audit/audit.log
2 Likes

Hi Striker,

1. I have two places:
    /home/miguel/Vídeos/pelicuas
    /home/miguel/ExpanDrive/Google Drive/peliculas
  2. Perssions folder1:
    drwxr-xr-x. 2 miguel miguel unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 4096 may 30 21:27 Vídeos/peliculas/
    Perssions folder2:
    drwxr-xr-x. 10000 miguel miguel system_u:object_r:fusefs_t:s0 0 may 31 10:43 'ExpanDrive/Google Drive/'
  3. Audit logs
    plex logs · GitHub

Maybe and screenshot can helps.

Thanks for your help!

I had a similar problem some time ago when I first started using plex and found (what I had previously forgotten) that ALL folders in the path needed to have the proper permissions. My problem was that /home/user had permissions drwxr-x— and it needed drwxr-xr-x. Once I fixed that plex was able to access the media.

In your case check each folder in the path /home/miguel/Vídeos/peliculas and /home/miguel/ExpanDrive/Google Drive/peliculas. It seems likely that /home/miguel does not have the proper permissions

1 Like

Thanks. How can i change that permissions?

I assume from your question that you found the permission problem I mentioned.

A simple google search for how to change permissions on linux brought up over 37 million results. The first answers your question mostly.

To change /home/miguel you need to use in a terminal

sudo chmod 744 /home/miguel 

you could also use

sudo chmod o+rx /home/miguel 

to achieve the same thing.

Only root can make changes in /home. You can make changes of that type in your home directory (/home/miguel) and below withot using sudo.

To understand how to use that command or any other command in linux completely you can use the man pages or info pages to get information (syntax, options, usage, etc) on many (if not all) commands

“man chmod” works for that command but there are many others you can investigate. Teaching yourself the basics and a little bit of personal research makes it easier for all of us to help you.

1 Like

Thanks, now i can see the files, but not select to add on plex:

Any idea?
Thanks