The kernel team is working on the final integration for kernel 5.12. This version was just recently released and will arrive soon in Fedora.
You can use a virtual machine:
- get the Test Day image
- configure a VM (KVM, VirtualBox, whatever)
- boot the test day image
Or you can use a bare-metal machine (a laptop or a desktop):
- It is better to don’t test it on a production machine, and at least make a backup of your important data (it is advisable to regularly backup your data even if you don’t plan to test the new kernel )
- get the Test Day image, put it in a USB stick, and boot the live system
- check if the live system boot (if you are not confident, it could be sufficient to do that)
Run the test:
- open a terminal
- Write your report on the test day webapp
In any case, there is no need to install the 5.12 kernel on your system!