Cryptocurrency wallet that really works on Fedora?

Now type

chmod +x atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.AppImage

Finally type

./atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.AppImage

Also figured out how to install the rpm file which should fix the gpg key error.

Delete your old rpm downloaded versions of atomic in your Downloads folder.

1. Go to this address
  1. Click the fedora option again

2. Once downloaded run this command in your terminal:

sudo rpm -i atomicwallet.rpm
$ ./atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.AppImage
[186480:1205/201744.298945:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(158)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /tmp/.mount_atomiccN0tsr/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
$ sudo rpm -i atomicwallet.rpm
[sudo] password for d4u: 
error: open of atomicwallet.rpm failed: No such file or directory

1 Like

Okay easy run this to fix that error

sudo sysctl kernel.unprivileged_userns_clone=1

Then retry

For the AppImage or rpm ?

For that error try this

sudo rpm -i atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.rpm

Enter that into the terminal.

That will make the appimage work

error: unpacking of archive failed on file /opt/Atomic Wallet/LICENSE.electron.txt;61ad1400: cpio: Digest mismatch
error: atomic-2.35.0-1.x86_64: install failed

Please be mindful about what modifications you’re applying to your system, not only for security but also to make things work.

The changes mentioned seem to not be the problem here. I ran a live Fedora image on a laptop and the error still appeared.

Okay I need to reach out to the dev. Although I think your system is missing something.

1 Like

That are my thoughts as well , but what :smile:
Thank you for going through the whole trouble of helping me.

1 Like

Okay I have got word back from the dev at atomic and they are looking into the error as we speak.

While you wait the exodus wallet may be a viable alternative.

Are you after a cold or hot wallet? I like cold wallets (offline) for higher security like atomic.

You can download exodus here which has cold and hot wallet capabilities.

Install instructions here (follow the zip file version)

Thank you , I did try Exodus and I am able to use it by downloading the tar.gz file. But I really wanted to use Atomic.

no sweat, I will let you know as soon as the developers get back to me.

its odd that your version needs a signature and our systems dont need one. I

Okay @fedoranewbie,

Please try this command (ensure you run this in the path where your downloaded file is just in case,

cd Downloads

then

sudo dnf --nogpgcheck install atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.rpm

1 Like

I would like to share my observation in relation to system security.

@fedoranewbie asked in a different topic about how to secure Fedora. Side note: In general, Fedora is pretty secure from the outset. Yes, there are always some tweaks and network stuff than can be done…

The one thing you must not do, if you care about privacy, security, system integrity, is to install closed-source software from unkown authors. ( sudo dnf --nogpgcheck install atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.rpm) :biohazard: .

Fedora has a huge, peer-reviewed open-source software repository. I personally consider software in there to be safe (yes, I know there is no 100%), but as soon as you leave a trusted repo, you loose control over what software is doing with your machine…that what you are doing here, unless you know the software authors and fully trust them.

3 Likes

Hi,

On terminal, go to where your rpm package downloaded. Let say in folder Downloads on your home directory cd ~/Downloads. Make sure the file in the current directory $ ls and you can find atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.rpm on the list. Then run sudo dnf localinstall atomicwallet-2.35.0-176.rpm with full name or you could make arbitrary with sudo dnf localinstall atomicwalllet*.

1 Like