DNF scriplet errors on F36: "Transport endpoint is not connected"

Hello,

Since my update from F34 → F36, I see a lot of failing scriplets in the DNF update history. They all have the following form:

Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
Failed to set unit properties on PACKAGE.service: Transport endpoint is not connected

Until now, it affected the following package updates:
tracker
gnome-remote-desktop

What do these errors mean? Are they harmful (is the updated package broken), or is it simply a byproduct of those services not being in use at the time of the update? I have read in other forums that it might be an indicator of file system crashes and disk failure, but I don’t observe any other symptoms, and SMART also looks fine.

Thanks!

How did you update?
Did you follow this instructions:
Upgrading to a new release of Fedora :: Fedora Docs , If yes which one?

Yes, I performed the update according to the instructions using the DNF System Update plugin.

I made sure that my system was fully up to date before starting the update. After booting into F36, I performed the following post-update tasks:

Clean up retired packages (removed some packages)
Clean up old packages (nothing was found)

I performed the update on a KDE workstation spin (the “vanilla” one, not Kinoite, as it wasn’t released when I made my initial installation)

Thanks!

Here is a concrete instance of the error:

3 Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
   4 Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
   5 Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
   6 Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
   7 Failed to set unit properties on tracker-miner-rss-3.service: Transport endpoint is not connected
   8 Failed to set unit properties on tracker-writeback-3.service: Transport endpoint is not connected
   9 Failed to set unit properties on tracker-miner-fs-3.service: Transport endpoint is not connected
  10 Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
  11 Failed to set unit properties on tracker-extract-3.service: Transport endpoint is not connected
  12 Failed to set unit properties on tracker-miner-fs-control-3.service: Transport endpoint is not connected
  13 Failed to start transient service unit: Connection reset by peer
  14 Failed to set unit properties on tracker-xdg-portal-3.service: Transport endpoint is not connected

Given that the error references systemd service files, I have run systemctl list-units and systemctl list-unit-files. However, no services were found with the names the errors reference.

However, the service files referenced exist under the following path: /usr/lib/systemd/user/. Something seems to prevent systemd from finding these services, thus causing these errors during the update.