Dnf update fails. libldac conflict

I would need some help with this one guys.

So i just run. sudo dnf update

Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: Transaction test error:
  file /usr/lib64/libldacBT_abr.so.2.0.2.3 from install of ldacbt-2.0.2.3-7.fc33.x86_64 conflicts with file from package libldac-2.0.2.3-7.fc33.x86_64
  file /usr/lib64/libldacBT_enc.so.2.0.2.3 from install of ldacbt-2.0.2.3-7.fc33.x86_64 conflicts with file from package libldac-2.0.2.3-7.fc33.x86_64

After this I tried sudo dnf remove libldac . Sadly it says it’s a “protected” dependency for gnome-shell .

Error: 
 Problem: The operation would result in removing the following protected packages: gnome-shell
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

Any ideas on what i should do? Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to ask.fedora @kekorcringe !

You can try to reboot you system and before you log in press Ctrl & Alt & F3 and log in there (if you have a root user you can login as root) .

When you run dnf only you get a list of options. I would try reinstall and if this not works try downgrade.

To get back to the graphical login press Crtl & Alt & F2

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/cant-upgrade-pipewire-due-to-problems-with-fdk-aac-free-libldac-and-ldacbt-conflicts/74569/13?u=vgaetera

Thank you for saving my exam :smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.