Dnfdragora not responding

Dnfdragora not responding. It got stuck …please take a look at the screenshot I attached-

what is the solution?

Can you please create a new user and check if dnfdragora works there to start with? Also, can you please add more information here, like the versions of the packages in use, for example, the output of:

rpm -qa \*dnf\*

Please see this if you haven’t had a chance to read it yet:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/welcome-to-ask-fedora-please-read-me-first/69479#a-nameenglish-help-helpersa-helping-your-helpers-3

Can you verify if your user is in the “wheel” group? Do you see “wheel” when you run groups? By default, Fedora users who are administrators can install packages and that depends on the user being in the wheel group.

1 Like

yes user is in wheel group

1 Like

Installed: dnf-0:4.9.0-1.fc35.noarch at Tue 26 Oct 2021 05:42:27 AM GMT
Built : Fedora Project at Thu 23 Sep 2021 12:18:24 PM GMT

Installed: rpm-0:4.17.0-4.fc35.x86_64 at Sat 19 Feb 2022 06:04:18 PM GMT
Built : Fedora Project at Wed 02 Feb 2022 12:39:01 PM GMT
dnfdragora
version: 2.1.0

1 Like

and as you said, I created a new user and try to run dnfdragora. But nothing changed, it was like before

1 Like

So, I installed dnfdragora, and got the same warnings as you. But, here’s the thing—it initially downloads the repository metadata. So, my dnfdragora also stopped a bit at Fedora 35 - x86_64, and then it moved on to the next repos. Only when they’re all downloaded does it show the packages.

So—how long did you wait after opening dnfdragora? Did you wait for all the repos to be downloaded? Fedora is not the last repo to be downloaded, so wait more and see how that goes please. When it has downloaded all the metadata, it’ll add these two lines to the output, if you run it from a terminal:

Start looking for groups
End found 132 groups

So, in summary, I don’t think there’s a bug here. You’re just not waiting for it to finish downloading the repodata :slight_smile:

After it finishes downloading:

4 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like