Error: “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.”

Hello, I am Tremaine and I am a new member on this forum. I need some help here which I can’t seem to solve it anymore. I recently tried to install Fedora 37 on my Windows 10 computer from here Fedora Workstation | The Fedora Project. But after completing the installation process, when I try to launch this software, I came across the following error:

“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.”

I have no idea what could be the issue. Could anyone please help me to fix it?

Edit: After posting the thread here, I found it online and came across this useful guide. I run the SFC scan from here and then reinstalled it again. After doing the tasks when I launch the software, I have no longer any issues. Though I don’t know if it is a permanent solution or not, but now I have no longer any issues. Thank you,

From what you have said, I don’t think you have installed Fedora; you have installed Fedora Media Writer, which is used to produce live USB keys of Fedora. I don’t know why it’s not working, but I think you should report a bug to them.

2 Likes

Here is some background on how to download and install Fedora…

Thanks for sharing such an informative article. But I have resolved the issue with the help of this article. I run SFC scan and again reinstalled it. But this time I have no longer any issues when launching the software. I did not get any such kind of issue. I don’t know if it is a permanent solution or not, but now I have no longer any issues. Thank you.

2 Likes