Error updating flatpak

Hi to all,
I tried to update flatpak apps as usual and today got the following error:

Info: org.kde.Platform.Locale is end-of-life, with reason: Qt 5.10 ended standard support on 30th October 2018. Please migrate to a supported runtime.

Are there applications that currently use this runtime?
What should I do?
Thanks
Paolo

1 Like

Ciao @pmozzati, welcome to the community. Please take a minute to glance over the #start-here here posts if you haven’t already.

I’m not a Flatpak expert, and I use some Flatpak applications installed and updated via gnome-software.
If I go to the command line, I’m unable to find org.kde.Platform.Locale

$ flatpak search org.kde.Platform.Locale
No matches found

Widening the search this is my result

$ flatpak search org.kde.Platform
Name                                       Description                                              Application ID                          Version    Branch   Remotes
KDE Application Platform version master    Shared libraries used by KDE applications                org.kde.Platform                                   5.9      flathub
KDE Application Platform                   Shared libraries used by KDE applications                org.kde.Platform                                   5.12     flathub
KDE Application Platform version master    Shared libraries used by KDE applications                org.kde.Platform                                   5.11     flathub
QGnomePlatform                             Qt Platform Theme aimed to accommodate GNOME settings    org.kde.PlatformTheme.QGnomePlatform               5.9      flathub
QGnomePlatform                             Qt Platform Theme aimed to accommodate GNOME settings    org.kde.PlatformTheme.QGnomePlatform               5.12     flathub
QGnomePlatform                             Qt Platform Theme aimed to accommodate GNOME settings    org.kde.PlatformTheme.QGnomePlatform               5.11     flathub
QGnomePlatform                             Qt Platform Theme aimed to accommodate GNOME settings    org.kde.PlatformTheme.QGnomePlatform               5.10     flathub

Thanks for your greetings @alciregi. I run the following:

flatpak list | grep Platform

to list installed platform, getting the result:

$ flatpak list | grep Platform
KDE Application Platform version master org.kde.Platform 5.10 flathub system
KDE Application Platform version master org.kde.Platform 5.9 flathub system
QGnomePlatform org.kde.PlatformTheme.QGnomePlatform 5.9 flathub system

Instead running the command you wrote:

flatpak search org.kde.Platform

gave me the same output.
So I don’t actually know where this package comes from.

Update:
I found that a nightly version of Scribus I installed from somewhere also brought that Platform.
I mark this post as resolved

2 Likes

Nice.
How did you discover that?

Tried to remove manually the Platform whit:

flatpak remove org.kde.Platform

an it showed me the Qt 5.10 version. I cenfirmed but I coudn’t do that cause flatpak said to me that it was used by net.nightly.Scribus (or so).
So I removed Scribus first than the Platform.

2 Likes

Hey, would like to provide more information since this post is quite high on google.

Not sure if this is still the case, but flatpak doesn’t seem to remove old runtime so it might happen that you have no app that uses the runtime yet you still see the deprecation warning. If that’s the case, you can remove it manually or run this command that will do automatically remove runtimes that aren’t in use anymore:

flatpak remove --unused

Identifying the apps that use a runtime:

flatpak list --app-runtime=org.kde.Platform//5.13
2 Likes