recently I have bought a LG Gram 14’ and the idea is to install F31 in dual boot with windows.
- complete the windows initialisation process for the first start;
- enter in the bios setup
- disabled the secure boot and deleted the passwords, or whatever has been created by windows in the initialisation process
- put the USB in 1st position for boot, and
- a bios window appeared asking to select a device good for boot
- the F31 live usb, created using Fedora Media Writer (as per the instruction here, was not good for boot.
- googled about boot problem with LG Gram and linux
- founded something in the Manjaro world
- tried with a Manjaro live usb and booted correctly to a live session.
- just for the record, I tried to burn F31 in the usb stick using the same step done with the Manjaro ISO but the result didn’t change.
- Tried to start the boot in the old pc and there the F31 live usb worked.
- could it be a problem with the UEFI part of the live usb?
- anything I can try to install F31?