F34 Device USB Drivers moved after most recent upgrade

Yesterday I upgraded Fedora 34 and now the USB interface is not working with my Apple plugin USB keyboard model number A1243 USB Wired Aluminum Keyboard with 2 USB ports. I’m using a Lenovo T490s.

For the past 2 or 3 upgrades I’ve had to:

echo 0 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/path/to/authorized

echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/path/to/authorized

Any idea where the most recent path is for doing this or is there a methodology I can learn for figuring this out when relevant upgrades do this to me in the future?

Device drivers have only gotten worse in the past few updates on my T490s. It wont even reliably detect my logitech mouse though for some reason it seems to reliably detect a non-apple Dell external keyboard. Even the $ dmesg is not helpful in identifying which /sys/device file is not configured properly.

Is anyone else dealing with this or know a work around for these issues?

So some updates seem to be allowing the apple keyboard to work properly now but the logitech issue seems to be in the following link and I believe a firmware update may have been needed: sdcgear/heimdall

It appears that this would have solved my issue if I found it soon enough but I think my constant plugging and unplugging over the past few weeks may have bricked my receiver today.

What does solaar say about your receiver and mouse?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.