Failed to start scheduled backup Popup

Keep getting the above pop up on KDE constantly along with the message below

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable

I installed kcron but no scheduled tasks are shown.

Any suggestions?

Off the top of my head, I’d say check journalctl right after it happens and see if there’s an obvious error. You can also use systemctl list-unit-files --type timer to see if there are any systemd timers that may be trying to fire off a service that no longer exists.

Think may be this one:

Jan 19 18:01:03 fedora pika-backup-mon[329659]: src/daemon/error.rs:15:0: Error: Failed to start scheduled backup: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable

pika-backup is no longer installed though (was a flatpak)

Also timers show:

UNIT FILE STATE PRESET
dnf-makecache.timer enabled enabled
fstrim.timer enabled enabled
fwupd-refresh.timer disabled disabled
logrotate.timer enabled enabled
mdadm-last-resort@.timer static -
mdcheck_continue.timer disabled disabled
mdcheck_start.timer disabled disabled
mdmonitor-oneshot.timer disabled disabled
plocate-updatedb.timer enabled enabled
raid-check.timer enabled enabled
sheepdog.timer disabled disabled
systemd-sysupdate-reboot.timer disabled disabled
systemd-sysupdate.timer disabled disabled
systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer static -
unbound-anchor.timer enabled enabled
zfs-fuse-scrub.timer disabled disabled

I just installed Pika Backup in a VM to poke around with it. Is there anything in ~/.config/autostart?

yes there was an autostart entry for that. Do i need to reboot for it to take effect?

At the very least you need to log out then back in. That autostart runs at login time.

ok, logged out and back in but still same error:

Jan 20 19:55:03 fedora pika-backup-mon[329659]: src/daemon/error.rs:15:0: Error: Failed to start scheduled backup: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable

Is there an autostart folder anywhere else other than /home directory?

If you’ve already uninstalled Pika Backup, then you should just be able to delete its file in ~/.config/autostart then either logout or reboot, and I would think the error would stop happening.

Rebooted and that directory is completely empty now but I still get the sane error messages popping up… Nightmare!!

Perhaps check the journal again (journalctl) and see if you can find an entry after the message happens. From there you can find a process id, and maybe you can identify the executable using ps aux

When it happened before, you shard the journal entry and it was process id 329659.

Jan 19 18:01:03 fedora pika-backup-mon[329659]: src/daemon/error.rs:15:0: Error: Failed to start scheduled backup: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name is not activatable

Otherwise, you may want to file an issue with the project.

ok, no notifications in the last 2 hours. Hopefully is fixed, here’s hoping.