Fedora 32 elections is now open

Voting in the Fedora 32 elections is now open. Voting closes at 23:59 UTC on Thursday 11 June.
Don’t forget to claim your “I Voted” badge when you cast your ballot.

There is one seat open on the Fedora Council.
There are four seats open on FESCo (Fedora Engineering Steering Committee).
There is one seat open on the Mindshare Committee.

Voting eligibility is determined by a community member’s Fedora Account System (FAS) memberships (the same account you use to login here on Ask Fedora).
To vote for the Council you must have cla_done in FAS.
To vote for FESCo you must have cla_done + one other “non-cla” group in FAS (CLA+1).
To vote for the Mindshare committee you must have cla_done in FAS.

Links to candidate interviews are in the Elections app and on the Community Blog.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Is there a link that explains this more. I tried voting last year, but I didn’t have something right, and I think it is what I highlighted above, but I’m unsure. I have an FAS account, I have signed the CLA. I have joined the Doc team mailing list, and made one small contribution to the docs team work. Is it because I haven’t submitted an SSH key?

Anyway, just a little confused about how the voting process works, perhaps it is because I haven’t made enough contributions to the project yet, which I can understand if that is the reason. It is all good. Thanks for any clarification you are able to give.

CLA+1 means that you need to be part of a FAS group in addition to signing the CLA. (SSH key doesn’t matter, it is mandatory to configure such key in order to use git push to the pagure.io repository).

If you already made some contribution to the docs, it is great. However I don’t know what is the process to become part of such team.
Generally speaking, there is no need to be part of a group or to ask for permissions in order to contribute. Obviously, if you aren’t CLA+1, you can’t vote for FESCo.
So, get in touch with the Join SIG, and let’s see what we can do.

Hi @alciregi, I think I am in the cla_done group but I’m still unable to vote. Could you check with that?

It is not sufficient. You need CLA+1
That is, you have to be in the cla_done group + one other additional group.

Oh boy. Maybe I will cast my vote next time when I contribute in other groups as well.

Here are the elections results.

Congratulations to the elected candidates!

4 Likes

Congratulations to all those elected, and thank you to everyone who voted.

1 Like