Fedora 32 (upgrade from 31): Gnome Software has error, can't start org.freedesktop.fwupd

Recently updated to Fedora 32. Now, every time I restart the system, gnome-software produces this error:

Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.fwupd: Timeout was reached

Searching for solutions, I found this Ask Fedora thread that linked to multiple bug reports. All trace the problem to tpm2-abrmd but I did not have that installed. I tried installing it, with no effect. Uninstalled it again.

journalctl -b --no-hostname | grep gnome-software
May 03 12:39:48 gnome-software[2424]: not GsPlugin error g-io-error-quark:24: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.fwupd: Timeout was reached
May 03 12:39:48 gnome-software[2424]: not handling error failed for action refresh: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.fwupd: Timeout was reached
May 03 12:40:16 gnome-software[2424]: updates-shell: failed to get updates: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.fwupd: Timeout was reached

Feel like I’d need more information for a legitimate bug report. Help welcome. Thank you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Org.freedesktop.fwupd: Timeout was reached