I did a fresh install of F33 some days ago. It worked for about 2 weeks.
Suddenly on tuesday morning I switched the computer on, no boot errors, but Firefox took several minutes to load a web site.
I made following tests:
-router off and on
- computer restart(s)
- new firefox profile
- log in with other existing user and try firefox
- create a new user with default configuration and try
Nothing. Other browsers were doing better, but better means that e.g. Google takes almost 1 minute to load, a newspaper 2-3, youtube is unusable.
It is not a connection nor a router issue:
- speedtest show the expected speed
- all other devices (android and old linux) connect and load webs normally
- I can listen to radio from command line with mpv or mplayer, download speed with wget, jdownloader and ftp is normal, upload with ftp and mail is normal.
- I checked the system with chkrootkit, nothing found.
I tried several recepies I found around (stop resolved, modification with nmcli, but nothing helped, firefox takes centuries to load one site, brave, chromium and falcon do better, but terribly slow.
I GAVE UP AND DID A COMPLETE FRESH INSTALL, I even used a new disk:
- Install to disk, no users created
- Log on as root, upgrade, install needed software, create groups and users
The surprise is that the new fresh install has exactly the same problem, firefox is unusable, brave makes me feel in the 90’s. Connection is correct, only the web browsing is terrible. Firefox is working normal when running the live fedora.
I don’t have any proxy, I don’t configure the firewall, I didn’t touch anything on the fresh install except the mentioned above: upgrade, software installation and creation of groups and users.