Fedora 34 updated packages

Hello, guys.

Does anyone know if the package python3-pyxdg will be bumped from version 0.26 to 0.27 in the repos soon? I need it to build a package. I have checked PyPi, where it states that version 0.27 was released on Oct 18, 2020 and I have tried to pip install pyxdg but it tells me that the requirement is already satisfied (0.26).

-Cheers

2 Likes

It is in testing, you can grab it from there or wait for it to be pushed to stable repo:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-30faf0be92

4 Likes

Thanks! I don’t know how long this process usually takes, but I guess I’ll just wait.

You can help speeding up to the process by installing and testing the package , and then provide feedback. Your contribution is valueable for the entire community.

Imagine everybody would “just wait”, there wouldn’t be any testing…

dnf update --enablerepo=updates-testing
4 Likes

More info on helping the community with testing (user testing, not software unit testing etc.) is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing

As @augenauf notes, it’s a great, easy, very low risk way of contributing to the community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True. The only thing I’m worried about is that it will update already installed packages to testing… the system is working properly at the moment and I am not too experienced with Linux so, if anything breaks, I’m depending on others to help me out :confused:

I can give it a go, though. I can probably google my way out of it anyway.

EDIT: never mind, I just saw that you can enable testing on singular-package level.

3 Likes

You can update individual packages to the version being in testing, no need to bump the entire system to testing stage

sudo dnf update --enablerepo=updates-testing python3-pyxdg

dnf provides a rollback or undo function. So, if anything breaks, you can revert the changes.

sudo dnf history undo last

helpful command to list all dnf transactions: sudo dnf history list (the id can be used to undo specific transactions).

documented here: DNF Command Reference — dnf latest documentation

3 Likes

Didn’t know about this function! Very useful, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.