Fedora 35 Beta live ISO on older HP notebooks(2010) testing results

I have done Fedora 35 Beta Workstation x-64 (latest nightly build) live ISO quick tests on my ‘ancient’ HP notebooks (2010, two have ATI GPU’s and one has a Nvidia GPU (GT 130M): all machines are running fine without any issues. They are fast and reliable. On the HP machine with the Nvidia GPU I have tested it only with the nouveau driver: the only issue is that suspend does not work and the fan is a little bit louder . The RPMFusion driver 340.xx has not been tested, because under a Live ISO I can’t install the driver and the kernel modules. Congratulations to the Beta team: they have done a great work.

5 Likes

Thanks for that. If possible, please communicate with the QA team which does the testing/validation and so on. (They do not monitor these forums)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join

2 Likes

… and feel free to submit your results during testing week, see Contribute at Fedora Linux 35 Audio, i18n, GNOME 41 , and Kernel test days

4 Likes

The nightly builds of Fedora 35 Workstation live ISO are unable to install (Anaconda) all software correctly and so you will get a broken Desktop. Anaconda sometimes crashes and sometimes installs fragmentary. Until now there is no way to install this ISO correctly. The live system works fine. Now it’s clear for me that I will help to test Fedora 35 Workstation Beta and not to playing around with the installer of the current pre-release. To write a bug report makes no sense without logs and so on… :hot_face:

1 Like