Fedora 36 WI-FI problem

Hello everyone, I’m using Fedora 36 with Windows 11 on a Matebook laptop with AMD cpu. I have an issue with wifi and could not find any solution. I can connect wifi without any error but after minutes - or seconds- even though wifi looks connected, internet connection just goes off and stays at 0 upload and download till I click “Select Network”. After I click “Select Network”, connection comes again for about 2 or 3 minutes maximum and goes off again. What should I do? What is the problem?

PS: I connected several Wi-Fis, problem is not related with my WI-FI.

1 Like

What’s your Wi-Fi card and chipset?

1 Like

Chipset:
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]
FCH LPC Bridge

Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
	Subsystem: Electronics & Telecommunications RSH Device 1e25
	Physical Slot: 0
	Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 75, IOMMU group 8
	I/O ports at 2000 [size=256]
	Memory at d0500000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: rtw_8822ce
	Kernel modules: rtw88_8822ce

are these enough?

3 Likes

I assume you have dualboot ,Windows has an option called “fast startup” under power options. It was there on windows 10 so check it where its available in windows 11.I had a similar issue where wifi adapter would suddenly disappear and after some googling I found that this fast startup mode in windows puts the windows kernel in a kind of hybernate state which kind of disables the wifi adapter for linux. In my case, I turned off that option and it actually worked. So I think, you should give it a try and see if it helps. Also updating the system might help too maybe it was bug that got fixed.

Thanks, I turned that option off. If it works I’ll check your reply as solution. :slight_smile:

Sure. If it doesn’t work then try updating the system
that might help too. :slightly_smiling_face:

No dude it didnt work :confused: I better swith to ubuntu but thanks anyway :d

So was it working on ubuntu and don’t take it the wrong way but if its not working here on fedora then I don’t think it will work on ubuntu, I mean its the linux kernel afterall. Since you have windows 11
installed so, I am guessing its a new laptop , a newer kernel might help which is usually not available on ubuntu. I think you should try a rolling release like arch or arch based distro. They have newer kernel and so far, I think its a driver issue so maybe the support is better on a latest kernel.Also if you have ethernet try updating the system which would have kernel updates as well, see if that works otherwise use a rolling release.

I actually tried to use ubuntu for 2 weeks and It Wi-Fi worked without an error. Today, I swithed Fedora again, to see if it works. The same error continues unfortunately. It is an unique error on Fedora and could not solve yet.

Sorry, but the github link is broken :frowning: how can i find it.

Have tried anything else like a arch based distro Manjaro, endeavour os