Hello, I’m still relatively new here.
I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, as I recognize that this may not necessarily even be a Fedora issue, but I'm just asking to see if anyone might have a possible solution.
I've installed QEMU/KVM to use Windows 11 in a virtual machine. I specifically followed this guide, and utilized the virt-manager to set it up. The i440fx chipset wouldn't work due to some pci vs pcie issues, so I stuck with the Q35 chipset.
However, I keep running into this issue where upon starting it up through virt-manager, I run into a BSOD, where it states a system_thread_exception_not_handled had occured. On top of this, I noticed that under the OS information, that:
Error launching libguestfs appliance: /var/lib/libvirt/images/win11.qcow2: Permission denied
What i've done so far includes:
- Ensuring that SVM is enabled properly within my BIOS.
- Making sure that kvm_amd is properly loaded.
[dexk@fedora36 ~]$ lsmod | grep kvm kvm_amd 151552 2 kvm 1073152 1 kvm_amd irqbypass 16384 1 kvm ccp 114688 1 kvm_amd
- Going through the boot menu. and testing all of the possible boot options I have, being the SATA and CD-ROM1&2, separately and together. A BSOD appears every time when booting into the CDROM that holds the Windows 11 iso.
- Switching from OVMF_CODE.fd to OVMF_CODE.secboot.fd
- Deleting and redownloading the virtio and Windows11.iso at least 3 times each.
- Attempting to install Windows 10 according to this guide, it still results in the same exception.
- Attempting to install Linux Mint with no guide. It worked perfectly fine. I can confirm that installing a good, well-known Linux OS works fine.
Here is my specs from neofetch, and I can get inxi -Fzx if requested.
OS: Fedora Linux 36 (Workstation Editi Host: AB350-Gaming 3 Kernel: 5.18.5-200.fc36.x86_64 Uptime: 33 mins Packages: 2260 (rpm), 17 (flatpak) Shell: bash 5.1.16 Resolution: 2560x1440 DE: GNOME 42.2 WM: Mutter WM Theme: Adwaita Terminal: gnome-terminal CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12) @ 3.200GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Memory: 3038MiB / 15800MiB
I would also post my QEMU configurations for the file, but I don’t know how to do that exactly in html.
All advice is welcome.