Fedora is for all?

Hi I’m new, wanted to ask, is fedora only for developers? or also for people who are not developers as is my case. A friend recommended me a fedora but I don’t know if it’s for people like me, I’m an office user, an Internet user, some other game, a home user.

2 Likes

Sure, you don’t need to be a developer to use Fedora. Lots of people who aren’t developers use it.

10 Likes

Here is something that the Community compiled regarding audience 10 years ago:

I think it is still valid, although things have become much more simple and Fedora 30+ is very stable and ready for what you call a ‘home user’. Enjoy!

5 Likes

I’ve used Fedora as a daily driver for office use and it works quite well. It is not just for developers. That’s the beauty of GNU/Linux, it can be used for just about anything. :smile:

1 Like

I’ve had a few issues with Brave browser and Evolution interfering, but that is a Wayland/xWayland issue as I have had that on other distros. Other than that it has been pretty smooth as my daily driver. Not a gamer, but Libreoffice, Evolution, and Firefox are good. My Brother printer is always an adventure and Fedora has been the cleanest install yet from the Brother rpm. I also like the unadulterated gnome desktop.

1 Like

Fedora is for all. However, it does not ship with proprietary drivers and codecs like other linux distros. On a fresh install of Fedora, you may find that certain videos might not play on your browser. It’s very easy to install all these and is well explained here https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/

3 Likes