Fedora (KDE) rebooting after suspend sometimes

Sometimes when I resume my desktop from suspend, it reboots and everything is gone. I don’t know why this happens. I enabled voltage protection, which shuts down my computer when unusual CPU voltages are measured to protect it from potential damage/destruction. Might that be causing the issue?

Okay. Power fault protection doesn’t cause the issue. I disabled it, but the issue just occurred again. Why does this happen? I put Fedora to suspend multiple times, but suddenly it rebooted. This is weird. Might Fedora have issues continuing certain processes. The only program that was running is Portmaster. Are others having this issue too?

It’s starting to happen frequently now. I just happened again. Just about a minute ago. I didn’t witness this issue before using Portmaster. Could it have to do with this application. I don’t really think so, but it’s still awkward this happens.

Do you see anything unusual in logs after such reboot? journalctl -b-1 opens logs from previous boot.
If you suspect one package, remove it to confirm whether problem disappears.

journalctl -b-1 didn’t output logs, but journalctl -b-0 did. Here’s the content of the output:

Because the log is too long, I couldn’t directly add the text to this comment, and text files are not allowed here. Therefore I had to give an external upload. I don’t know what the output means, but this is what I got this time in the logs after a reboot instead of continuing from suspend.

For sharing logs could you use “journalctl -b -0 |fpaste” so It will upload to paste website and nobody has to download txt file and it is cleaner plus good side is It will be delete after certain time pass as well.

I would have uploaded it to pastebin today but thanks for mentioning this command. I didn’t know about it yet.

That outputted logs from your current, at the time, session. That would have been of no use (no information about what happened just before the reboot), but from what I see, you’re using nvidia GPU and it could be the culprit.

Post here output of inxi -SsMGaz and tell us about your installation steps of the nvidia driver.

Output of the command:
https://paste.centos.org/view/71e522fc

I added rpmfusion nonfree and installed akmod and the xorg cuda drivers. The kernel modules didn’t get signed and installed, so I asked for help and ran this command. After that, it worked:
sudo dnf remove kmod-nvidia* && sudo akmods --force && sudo dracut --force

Try to collect logs from waking from suspend, if it’s still happening on the new driver. Maybe it will be easier with gnome-logs.

Does gnome-logs even work with KDE?

Why not? It’s basically a GUI for journalctl. When installing, dnf will also pull in required dependencies.

Okay. It was just because of the “gnome” in the command. I thought it could be a package exclusive to the gnome desktop… I’ll see…

Here are the logs after such a reboot. It keeps happening, especially in bad moments.
https://paste.centos.org/view/6b33a8c7

Notice that that paste will be deleted in 24 hours after uploading it, and thus becomes unavailable soon.

It would be much better should you actually paste the data into a code block in the post here instead of relying on an external site for it (as long as the data is small enough to fit as those are).

Okay.
Here is the content of the logs in a code block:

15:23:03 bluetoothd: Failed to set mode: Failed (0x03)
15:22:49 auditd: Could not open dir /var/log/audit (No such file or directory)
15:22:49 kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: Cannot probe codecs, giving up
15:22:48 systemd: Failed to start auditd.service - Security Auditing Service.
15:22:48 auditd: Could not open dir /var/log/audit (No such file or directory)
15:22:48 systemd: Failed to start nvidia-powerd.service - nvidia-powerd service.
15:22:48 systemd: Failed to start auditd.service - Security Auditing Service.
15:22:47 auditd: Could not open dir /var/log/audit (No such file or directory)
15:22:47 bluetoothd: src/plugin.c:plugin_init() Failed to init bap plugin
15:22:47 kernel:
15:22:47 systemd: Failed to start auditd.service - Security Auditing Service.
15:22:47 auditd: Could not open dir /var/log/audit (No such file or directory)
15:22:46 systemd: Failed to start auditd.service - Security Auditing Service.
15:22:46 auditd: Could not open dir /var/log/audit (No such file or directory)
15:22:45 systemd-udevd: event_source: Failed to get device name: No such file or directory
15:22:45 kernel: /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-gpt-auto-generator failed with exit status 1.
15:22:45 kernel: Failed to dissect: Permission denied
16:22:41 kernel: blacklist: Problem blacklisting hash (-13)