Fedora Update System: Can a user edit or remove comments from bodhi?

Hi all,

is there a chance to edit or delete comments that were made by yourself from bodhi (https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org)?

Kind regards,
JayJay

1 Like

Hello @jayjayjazz, welcome to Fedora! Please take a minute to go through the introductory posts in #start-here if you’ve not had a chance to do so yet.

You should be able to edit your comment in a particular time period. If the update has already been pushed to stable, for example, at the moment one cannot add new comments. I’m not certain about the ability to delete comments. You can just leave another one to clarify your earlier comment when required.

Hi @FranciscoD,

thanks for your follow-up!
There seems to be no chance on bodhi to edit my comment on a package. The package itself is not pushed to stable yet.
I really would need to edit that comment, as I made a copy&paste error, which does not need to be clarified in a follow-up comment.

Well, if the system does not let you do it, all you can really do is add a new clarifying comment. Not much you can do there, I’m afraid.

I would think that the idea behind preventing edits is to maintain correctness. When people have commented with positive or negative feedback, this timeline of feedback needs to be preserved.