Focus follows mouse in Plasma unreliable

Has anyone else seen the following problem, or is it just me?

The focus policy is focus follows mouse with mouse precedence, and it is with Wayland desktops both on F33 and F34.

The upgrade to Fedora 34 brought several improvements in the stability and functionality of the Plasma desktop, but also this one regression: when I move the mouse over a window, it does not always get focus. If I move the mouse away to another window and back again, it sometimes gets the focus, sometimes not. When it does not, moving between other windows may help. Actually clicking in the window seems to always bring the focus.

It’s happens randomly, and I haven’t been able to find any pattern. I don’t expect anyone to be able to pinpoint the problem from this vague description, but I’m curious to know if I’m the only one seeing this. Does anyone else use focus follows mouse under Plasma?

I’ve been seeing problems with mouse pointer tracking while trying to highlight text. I tacked my observations onto the below bug report because it was the closest I could find to the problem. I wonder if what you are observing could be related.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1769236

It doesn’t really look as the same thing, but who knows. It is strange. I’ll follow the bugzilla, thanks for the pointer.