Found a possible bug, should I open a Bugzilla report?

Hi,

I found a bug in toolbox which is also present in the podman and buildah. It seems to be related to DNS. I have searched Bugzilla, this forum and in Github. I did find something similar only in Gihub’s repos for podman. Should I open in Github or Bugzilla?

The bug is as follows:
On a fresh install of F31 Workstation from a Live USB…

$ podman pull ******************************
Trying to pull registry*************fedora-toolbox:31...
  Get URL: dial tcp: lookup registry.*********** on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 192.168.0.3:47790->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout
Error: error pulling image "************": unable to pull r*******: unable to pull image: Error initializing source docker URL: Get URL: dial tcp: lookup r******* on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 192.168.0.3:47790->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout

Before you ask, name resolution is fine on my laptop. Nothing else has a problem. I even fired up Wireshark and I can see normal DNS traffic generated by both podman and toolbox.

PS I had to erase the links and things that looked like links to create the topic.

2 Likes

I think I will go ahead and report it directly to the Github project for podman.

2 Likes

Either your DNS server is not running, or the client has no access to it.
It may be due to a firewall configuration, or disabled forwarding in case it involves virtualization.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that there is a bug in package go/net. I opened issue #35521 on GitHub.

阿蘭 (Allen)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.