Gnome software center unable to update "no klass support"

Hi folks,
The Gnome Software Center reports there’s updates pending, but when hitting the download button reports “Unable to download updates: could not do untrusted question as no klass support”. Been doing updates/upgrades using dnf without issues, but I’d like to know why this is happening. I’ve been having this issue since at least Fedora 28, and I’m surprised to see no one has ever reported the word “klass” in any posts (at least since the port to this forum software).
Any insight why this could be happening?

Thanks in advance!
-Pat

2 Likes

This seems to be a known issue that is already reported on the bug tracker.

1 Like

Thanks for your response @vgaetera. FWIW, the workaround of adding the Google nameservers didn’t help. It looks like it’s an open issue still.

Thanks again,
-Pat

1 Like

@patocarr The problem is not the DNS nameserver. If you read the discussion on bugzilla link, the problem is a missing or out-of-date GPG key in one of your repositories. If you update your system using dnf (sudo dnf upgrade), you’ll probably see that dnf is able to handle this situation, while GNOME Software is not.

Here’s the issue on upstream tracker.

4 Likes

Hi @fedelibre
You’re correct, thanks!
Issuing a grep -w 'gpgcheck=0' /etc/yum.repos.d/* command narrowed down which package is causing the holdup. In this case, Slack is the culprit. Disabling its repo by editing the /etc/yum.repos.d/slack.repo and setting enabled=0 allowed the update to proceed.
-Pat

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.