Grass GIS - Grass Addons not compiling

Hi! I’m trying to compile GRASS GIS ADDDONS but in each addon I get a similar output:

make MODULE_TOPDIR=/usr/lib64/grass80/

&& gcc -L/usr/lib64/grass80/lib -L/usr/lib64/grass80/lib -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,--as-needed  -Wl,-z,now -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1  -Wl,--build-id=sha1 -Wl,-dT,/builddir/build/BUILD/grass-8.0.1/.package_note-grass-8.0.1-1.fc36.x86_64.ld -Wl,--export-dynamic -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/lib64/grass80/lib -o /usr/lib64/grass80/bin/r.accumulate OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/accumulate_iterative.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/accumulate_recursive.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/calculate_lfp_iterative.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/calculate_lfp_recursive.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/delineate_streams.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/delineate_subwatersheds_iterative.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/delineate_subwatersheds_recursive.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/line_list.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/main.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/point_list.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/raster.o OBJ.x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/subaccumulate.o    -lgrass_raster.8.0 -lgrass_vector.8.0 -lgrass_dbmiclient.8.0 -lgrass_dbmibase.8.0  -lgrass_gis.8.0 -lm    -lm 
**/usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file /builddir/build/BUILD/grass-8.0.1/.package_note-grass-8.0.1-1.fc36.x86_64.ld: No such file or directory**
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/usr/lib64/grass80//include/Make/Module.make:18: /usr/lib64/grass80/bin/r.accumulate] Error 1

I has something to do with package_note.

Thanks!

Hi @andresfduque , welcome to the forum.

Could we have some more information please?

What version of Fedora is this, and are you building it from source etc., or are you building a rpm package etc.?

This is the change relating to the ELF notes:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Package_information_on_ELF_objects

I think the troubling bit is this:

-Wl,--build-id=sha1 -Wl,-dT,/builddir/build/BUILD/grass-8.0.1/.package_note-grass-8.0.1-1.fc36.x86_64.ld

I think the package notes are only generated during the build, these files aren’t actually shipped—can you modify your build flags to remove this bit perhaps?

1 Like

Thank you!
The line you mention was located in “/usr/lib64/grass80/include/Make/Platform.make”, I removed the text you mentioned, and it worked.

1 Like

This sounds like a bug—if the file is used for compiling other software, I think it should not contain this line. You certainly should not be required to modify files installed by the rpm from the Fedora repos.

Could you file a bug against the package please so that the maintainer can take a look?

The “file a bug” link is here:

Done!

1 Like