How can I change my username?

How can I change my username in this forum?

2 Likes

Hey @thebudget72

Pls read the wiki contact the team:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Account_System

To add to @andilinux 's reply: I don’t think you can change your username only for this forum (I’m not actually sure one can change usernames here on the Discourse forum at all). Accounts here are linked to the Fedora account system, so the username you have there will be the one used here.

I also don’t think one can change their Fedora Account System username. You may have to mark the current one as inactive and create a new one.

Please note that we moved to a new account system recently, and all the different documentation pages (like the wiki page here) may not be completely up to date yet. That is being worked upon.

2 Likes

I can confirm what @ankursinha says. We are working on the ability to change usernames in the account system (we know there are important inclusion-related reasons to make it possible!), but it’s difficult for both technical and policy reasons so it’s taking a while.

You can change your display name here, though… I see you don’t have one set didn’t have one set but do now.

2 Likes

thanks @ankursinha and @mattdm for outpointing the current situation of changing usernames.