How can I provide cgroups to a VM guest?

I’m trying to get k3s working in VMs (host and guests f32 server).
k3s fails to start with:

warn: Failed to find cpuset cgroup, you may need to add \"cgroup_enable=cpuset\" to your linux cmdline (/boot/cmdline.txt on a Raspberry Pi)
warn and fatal: Failed to find memory cgroup, you may need to add \"cgroup_memory=1 cgroup_enable=memory\" to your linux cmdline (/boot/cmdline.txt on a Raspberry Pi)

I googled around, and have no idea on how to add the variables to the guest’s linux cmdline.

This could also be the host’s fault:

$ virt-host-validate 
  QEMU: Checking for hardware virtualization                                 : PASS
  QEMU: Checking if device /dev/kvm exists                                   : PASS
  QEMU: Checking if device /dev/kvm is accessible                            : PASS
  QEMU: Checking if device /dev/vhost-net exists                             : PASS
  QEMU: Checking if device /dev/net/tun exists                               : PASS
  QEMU: Checking for cgroup 'cpu' controller support                         : WARN (Enable 'cpu' in kernel Kconfig file or mount/enable cgroup controller in your system)
  QEMU: Checking for cgroup 'cpuacct' controller support                     : PASS
  QEMU: Checking for cgroup 'cpuset' controller support                      : WARN (Enable 'cpuset' in kernel Kconfig file or mount/enable cgroup controller in your system)
  QEMU: Checking for cgroup 'memory' controller support                      : PASS
  QEMU: Checking for cgroup 'devices' controller support                     : WARN (Enable 'devices' in kernel Kconfig file or mount/enable cgroup controller in your system)
  QEMU: Checking for cgroup 'blkio' controller support                       : WARN (Enable 'blkio' in kernel Kconfig file or mount/enable cgroup controller in your system)
  QEMU: Checking for device assignment IOMMU support                         : PASS
  QEMU: Checking if IOMMU is enabled by kernel                               : WARN (IOMMU appears to be disabled in kernel. Add intel_iommu=on to kernel cmdline arguments)
/-/

…but since the fatal part is the memory cgroup, and it passes that test, I’m not sure.

How can I provide the cgroups to the guest?