How long does it take to upgrade from F33 to F34 using the GUI

I am upgrading my F33 to F34 using the GUI, it is now stuck at 38% for 3 hours.
How long does it take for the install to complete?
If it is stuck how do I go back to F33?

1 Like

Hi @hkramer , welcome to the community. Please take a minute to go through the introductory posts in the #start-here category if you’ve not had a chance to do so yet.

Can you press the right arrow key to see progress of the update? It shouldn’t take this long.

1 Like

No more progress, right arrow key does not give any updates

1 Like

Hit esc — you should see more details. Usually it only takes half an hour or so, but if you have a lot of packages installed it can be longer.

2 Likes

esc does not give me any joy either :frowning:

2 Likes

Hmmm. What do you see? Does it not react at all.

Sorry it’s been two more hours and you may have given up. Personally, if you can, I’d just let it sit for a while longer, and if still isn’t going anywhere we’ll try and diagnose from there.

1 Like

I restarted the Laptop and am now trying to rescue some stuff and restart the install from the Live USB.
It has been sitting there for over 4 hours now…

Hmmm, from the LiveUSB are you trying to do a fresh install, or using that to do a rescue and then upgrade?

Do you have access to the logs from the last boot? We might find some insight into what got stuck there.

1 Like

Silly question, how do I do a rescue and upgrade…
With rescue some stuff I meant to recover some things I recently changed, that were not on the backup.
See no possibility to check the logs, rescue mode does not completer, when I try to start I get “[FAILED] Failed to start Virtualization daemon”