How representative of Fedora is the Reddit /r/Fedora?

Hello,

I have had bad experiences on reddit.com/r/fedora.

Are they really representative of the Fedora community?

1 Like

I’ve never hung out there. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

May be it is easier to get an answer with this question:
“Is that sub-Reddit moderated by Fedora Project?”

reddit.com/r/fedora >Created Sep 2, 2008
12 years ago it was maybe a alternative to the “stone aged” system they used here.

I don’t know what you are referring to by a bad experience but the behavioral standards on reddit are fairly different than what you can expect on this forum.

That being said, if you can live with the way reddit works and deal with the detractors, there are some very knowledgeable people hanging out there.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean by bad experience, although reddit doesn’t have a very good reputation … I’ve had some bad experiences in the Telegram group. However, here you can see that the reddit group is external to fedora. In my case, in Discussion and Ask Fedora people have always been very respectful

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki

1 Like

I’ll explain my bad experience…

I tried to publish an open source project but because the README didn’t conform to the group think of the way I should do things with my time, it got voted into oblivion. The comments were just hostile and made me think if this is the level of community, I’d prefer to live alone on a mountain. So, I deleted the Reddit account along with my Github account just in case the mob followed me there.

So, really my question is this: Is this community driven by group think?

Thank you all for your replies so far!

We have the Official Code of Conducts to govern how the official forums are moderated.

I am sure your experience here will be different.

4 Likes

Thank you Sampson :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.