How to access other location files in open dialog box

Hey, I am a android developer and I use android studio for development. I want to import project which is in my hard drive and it is stored in other location category.

When i try to import project i will see this kind of file structure.Screenshot%20from%202019-06-06%2012-02-18
Now i am stuck in how to access the files present in other locations category.
Please help me solve this problem

Hi @crsohan, welcome to the community. (;
You should find your external drive usually under /run/media/$USER/
In my case it’s named “Swap”.
Another way would be to just open your storage via Nautilus, navigate to the folder where your project stays.
Hit “STRG+L”, this will display the exact path in Nautilus. You can then copy this path and enter it in your file dialog.

3 Likes

Hi @crsohan. Welcome to the community. I’ve moved your topic to the appropriate category now. community is for community related discussions.

Please do go over the introductory posts in the #start-here category if you have not yet had a chance to do so. They include useful information on using this platform better/effectively.

@locke Thanks for the answer. Please welcome new users to the community and help them get started as we’ve requested here:

https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/please-welcome-new-users-and-request-them-to-go-through-the-introductory-posts-in-the-start-here-category/64119

1 Like

Thanks @locke , really worked for me. Really great support from Fedora Team.

@crsohan, please mark @locke’s answer as a correct one so that other users looking for solution to similar question could find it easily, and also so @locke could get cool badges :slight_smile:

3 Likes