How to connect locally to the session which I started remotely with RDP?

Hello,

my question is how to connect locally to a session that I started remotely. I am interesting in a general solution/technology that works for someone.

Example situation:
At home, I connected from notebook (Fedora 31) to the office PC (Fedora 31) by ssh, because I need to start some VNC server on the PC (Xvnc TigerVNC 1.10.0)

vncserver

Then, I can connect it remotely with a vncviewer and start some work. I use Remmina for the connection.

Later, I move to the office and sit physically to the PC where I have my work in some ‘virtual session’. However, if I log into the PC I’ll start another different session. But, I would like to continue in the same session that I started at home.

Can I locally connect to the ‘virtual’ session? Or, should I use a different approach to have one session accessible locally and remotely?

Thanks for advice and suggestion.

1 Like

Hi @malmed , welcome to the community! Please take a minute to go through the introductory post in the #start-here category if you’ve not had a chance to do so yet. It includes information on how to use the forum effectively.

Can you tell a little more about which version of vnc are you running and how exactly do you start it?

Hi @rele, I have filled in more info into my question.
I don’t need to fix the exact problem with my current remote session, but I would like to find approach how to use one session in general.

Maybe, the question is not related enough to Fedora? Or, do you mind anything specific how to use forum effectively? Thanks

Maybe x11vnc (or wayvnc) as VNC server can do what you want.