How to Deal with Bug's in Fedora Beta and How to Manage it? (Is this the Proper Site to Accomplish this Task?)

Hi Fellow Members,

On every Release Fedora goes through different phases:

• Alpha, is a very Beginnig State.
  • Beta, is still in development but very usable when it released and announced it’s availability.
  • Final, The name describe all.
  • Fedora Release Life Cycle

According to this, the premise:

1. Nobody is perfect but that does not mean that these aren’t bugs

Conclusion

Please get in touch with the QA team using one of their channels:

Regards.,

5 Likes

There are no longer Alpha releases.

1 Like

@QuLogic you are right.
However there is a period of time after a release is branched from Rawhide and before beta is released. Rawhide continues his development (in this case it walks toward F33), and a release (F32) walks toward the beta status.
In this period of time we could consider that the release is in alpha, even if officially we have no more alpha releases :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello friends,
thank you for this thread. I would like to add something to it (I work for Fedora QA, so you can get in touch with me, if you like):

1. You can easily help to increase Fedora’s quality if you want.
  2. You can do just a little work to achieve great impact.
  3. We have a set of the most crucial test cases that need to be done with every release, but our hardware options are limited, so we cannot test everything for every hardware combination. You, the community, could however. You can read more on how to do it here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan, especially in the Current_and_recent_validation_test_events section.
  4. Please, report anything you think is a bug. Even if you don’t know, how to investigate it, just let us know and we will take care.
  5. The most important thing to do: Use Fedora as your main operating system :slight_smile:
4 Likes