How to open corresponding app when I click notification?

When I get a message, I get a desktop notification. In Ubuntu, when I click on the notification, my messaging app is automatically opened to the received message. In my Fedora36 desktop, the notification is simply dismissed when I click it. What setting in Fedora enables this behavior where the corresponding app to the notification is opened when clicked? Thanks.

2 Likes

What desktop environment are you on please @fdr97 ?

I’m on Gnome here on the Fedora Linux workstation, and when I click on a notification that supports going to the app, it does switch to the application.

1 Like

Hi Ankur, I’m on Gnome also. On Ubuntu (which I switched from), I also was on Gnome desktop. The chat app is Element, whose notifications opened the app on Ubuntu but not on Fedora. I’m pretty sure its some setting I have overlooked.

1 Like

Could you tell us where you’ve installed the Element app from please? I can try to check with then (I use element in the browser at the moment)

1 Like

I am using the flatpak.

1 Like

From FlatHub I assume? This one?

So I installed this app, then sent myself a message request from another matrix account, and clicking the notification did switch to the element app. I can even close the element app window and the clicking a notification opens it up.

So seems to work fine here :thinking:

1 Like

After restarting my machine, it works now. Go figure.

Thanks for you help.

1 Like