i’ve had the same issue with fedora kde spin and fedora gnome i can’t install from the terminal or direct download this is not a install issue as i reinstalled fedora MULTIPLE TIMES and i still have the same issue i even tried fedora silverblue and it doesn’t work PLEASE HELP
Which commands did you run and can you post error messages you got from running them?
We’d like to help you, but we can’t very easily from what you’ve told us so far.
- Can you please explain exactly what you are trying to install?
- Which apps in specific?
- Are they apps that come from the Fedora Project’s software sources, or somewhere else?
- What did you try?
- What exact steps did you take?
- At the terminal, what exact commands did you run?
- What did you expect to happen?
- What actually happened?
- please include any error messages or other output directly, because we might not be able to guess from a description.
no i mean all apps don’t install i can’t even install from rpmfusion or from vlc’s official site
i was using rpmfusion (discover software center doesn’t work either)
2.what did you try?
did this in the terminal
dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm` dnf install https://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm dnf install vlc
the thing that happened is that it was stuck at the install screen and was staying there for a long time i was being really patient. other rhel based distros would have completed by then (the weird thing is that opensuse runs completely fine just not fedora)
(btw i haven’t touched the distro in a few months its off my partition)
btw i dont have this issue with tar gz files
At which of the three commands did it get stuck? What was on the screen at that point?
i forgot since its been along time since i last touched fedora 33 on my thinkpad