IMAP not working in online account / Thunderbird

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I have recently installed fedora 36. Since then I’m not able to configure my IMAP mail neither in online accounts (Genome) nor in thunderbird, nor in Evolution… Everywhere I’m getting responses like:
**Connection is refues
**Connection timed out etc

The same configuration I’m working in other OS, mobile. I dont know what is wrong here. can you please suggest me? Thanks in advance.

In general, go to the help page of your email-provider. There look for how to setup imap mail.

Some mail-providers lock an account after 2 or 3 unsuccessful login-attempts, maybe for 5-10 minutes. This is done to fend off brute-force account hacking. In that case you should just wait half an hour before you try again. This hint may as well be given on your email-providers support page…

Go check there.

I’m not sure how to help you, since it sounds like a specific client/server problem. I have several IMAP connections in Thunderbird. If it’s your own server, double check that the authentication and TLS methods and port are correct. The failure to connect at all seems like it might be the wrong port or you’re TLS setting for STARTLS, etc. didn’t match.