Incomplete installation of TeXLive Packages

I’m trying to install tabularray on fedora 36. I already intalled texlive with dnf install texlive-scheme-full but when I try to run any package with tabularray it gives me this error:

! LaTeX Error: File `tabularray.sty' not found.
Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

On tabularray says it’s contained in TeXLive and MikTeX so I don’t know what is happening. What should I do?

dnf install 'tex(tabularray.sty)' -> Not found
dnf install 'tex(hyperref.sty)' -> Found

The workaround I tried is to installit manually, but it should be in the texlive-scheme no?

The file /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty is provided by the texlive-hyperref-9:svn58024-55.fc36.noarch package.

The file tabularray or tabularray.sty is not found when doing a search dnf provides */tabularray.sty or dnf provides */tabularray*

dnf provides */*array.sty gives a lot of results but tabularray.sty is not among them.

A search for “tabularray latex” gives some results, but I see nothing related to fedora. You seem to be installing it from some 3rd party source and finding everything needed on fedora is not guaranteed.

So… Where does the dnf install texlive-scheme-full get those packages ? Could it be that the scheme needs to be updated ?

On tabularray says it’s contained in TeXLive

tabularray.sty is new and only just added in texlive 2022. Fedora only contains texlive 2021 at the moment.

4 Likes