Installing Fedora on Lenovo C630 (Not the Chromebook)

I have a Lenovo C630 “Windows on ARM” laptop. According to the Fedora wiki’s Qualcomm Page, the device is supported, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to install it. I figured since it doesn’t have instructions like the Chromebook or Raspberry Pi pages it would be as simple as installing normally, but that’s not working. I’ve seen the instructions from the aarch64-laptops github, but that’s only for Ubuntu.

So in short, does anyone know how to install Fedora on this device?

1 Like

Welcome to ask fedora @drinkingpants74

From which place did you download?
Have you tried this:
https://arm.fedoraproject.org/

As I understood it should be possible to install as the usual images.

If this not works,
Users and developers are available in the #fedora-arm irc channel on irc.freenode.org for real-time chat.

1 Like

Gave it a go and no luck. I’ve been using the aarch64 iso since that’s the official description for my device, but that doesn’t work either. I’ll give the freenode place a go tomorrow when I’m more awake. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Do you have any luck?

I have a Lenovo Yoga c630 on hand, but it seems the F35 aarch64 iso “burnt” to USB using Fedora Media Writer 4.4.2 cannot be detected in the FirmWare BootMenu.

I also test with Rawhide image Fedora-Workstation-Live-aarch64-Rawhide-20211122.n.0, this time FirmWare BootMenu listed USB as bootable, after once selected, the Internal SSD is booted still.

1 Like

Did you give a try on this:

After some search then trial and error, now I got ubuntu installed to the internal SSD, and I can dual boot Windows on Arm and ubuntu, from a grub boot menu.

There is no Wifi interface detected in that ubuntu setup. Next will try to:

• create another partition for Fedora
  • download (Using Windows, save to USB drive) a raw image of Fedora for aarch64, then write the image the the new partition
  • adjust grub config, so that it will allow me to boot Fedora

To be continued…

So far, Fedora Media Writer (Windows on Arm, Windows, Linux) is working OK for me.

Recently when a Linux ISO works burning with dd, it also works burning using MediaWriter.