Is it possible to install drivers via USB without internet?

Hello everyone, I am attempting to connect to the internet on my early 2012 Mac Mini running a fresh install of fedora; however, I believe I have to install the broadcom-wl driver before I can use wifi. Since I do not have access to an Ethernet cable, and since I need to connect to the internet in order to download the driver, this is somewhat of a catch-22. Would it be possible for me to download the driver on another computer and transfer it to my fedora workstation via a USB flash drive then install it manually? If so, where would I be able to find information about doing such a thing? Please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you for your help!

Of course that will work.
You will need to understand how to copy the file to the usb stick (cp filename destination), and how to use rpm to install the file once it is on the usb at the mac (rpm -i /path/to/filename) if it is an rpm, and a bit more if it is not an rpm. We can help better with more specific detail such as the actual file name, what the usb device is you are copying to, what OS is on the machine where it is downloaded and what that OS sees the usb device as, etc. so we can provide a bit more detailed advice.

1 Like

It will be much simpler if you find a way to connect by wire during installation.
Otherwise you need to use a fresh Fedora setup in a VM to download the required packages including the driver, its dependencies and updates:

sudo dnf --downloadonly install broadcom-wl
sudo dnf --downloadonly upgrade

Then transfer /var/cache/dnf to the target system and install all the downloaded packages.