K3b Does not make iso

I’m trying to make a iSO file with K3b but when ever I do that I get the following error in the image.

And the Debug output says:

mkisofs
-----------------------
mkisofs: Warning: Cannot add inode hints with -no-cache-inodes.
mkisofs: No such file or directory. Failed to open '/tmp/k3bVideoDvdHmbqNp//VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'.
mkisofs: Can't open VMG info for '/tmp/k3bVideoDvdHmbqNp/'.
mkisofs: Unable to parse DVD-Video structures.
mkisofs: Could not find correct 'VIDEO_TS' directory.

mkisofs calculate size command:
-----------------------
/usr/bin/mkisofs -gui -graft-points -print-size -quiet -volid K3b data project -volset  -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR (C) 1998-2018 SEBASTIAN TRUEG, MICHAL MALEK AND LESLIE ZHAI -publisher  -preparer  -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/k3b.LYLZfY -no-cache-inodes -udf -iso-level 1 -path-list /tmp/k3b.iNXntq -dvd-video -f /tmp/k3bVideoDvdHmbqNp

That’s all I have at this point. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Some structure of a live system changed.
For example syslinux got removed.
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/is-it-possible-to-make-a-custom-iso-of-fedora-37/74710

Edit:
Mine was more a guess while not have enough infos. So it looks like, as long as you not try to make a boot iso with F37 the above info can be ignored.

1 Like

OK, but how do we fix that?

Your initial post is about k3b errors and the picture shows it is unable to make a video DVD with no video files. The message only says that it will not be playable on a DVD player.

K3b will easily create an iso image in data format. It appears you told it to create a video DVD image instead of a data DVD image.

What exactly are you intending to create?

Hi @computersavvy
Yes but that is what I was going for.
It’s a long story but That is what I am trying to do. Any idea how to fix this?

If creating a video DVD then you have to create the proper file structure and insert the proper files so k3b can build the iso from your project. K3b is smart enough to know what it needs and if you do not build the project properly then it tells you it is wrong.

Thanks but how do I fix the problem I’m having? I gave the debug above and I myself can’t make seance of it.

I don’t have your files so I cannot test. However I do see one thing in that image that stands out.

Size 22.2 GiB

There is not a DVD in existence that will store that much data. A standard DVD hold 4.7 GiB and even a dual layer DVD can only hold <9 GiB. Only on a BluRay is that size possible.
That, combined with the errors of missing video files will need to be handled.

Since I do not do video DVDs I cannot assist with the needed files nor structure.

1 Like

I’m not burning a disk (yet). I’m just trying to create the ISO for it but even that fails.

EDIT: Also I am using a blu-ray. I’ll be burning it with another software.

1 Like

Update: I can make a data project iso but not a video iso.

Update - Brasero is another option but when I do a video project and add mp4s it says it is not suitable for audio or video.
.________.
???

Does anyone know what that’s about?