KBTIN make and configure kbtin

Hello, I’ve been trying to install Kbtin from source. It’s difficult to find dependencies which are already installed in Fedora for this software to configure:

configure: error: 
zlib doesn't appear to be available.

Please install zlib and its headers.  On most systems, the package will be named
zlib-dev or libz-dev.  Or, you can "./configure --disable-mccp" to ignore this
issue.  That's kind of a bad idea, though, since MCCP usually greatly reduces
bandwidth-related lag.
Debian/Ubuntu: apt-get install zlib1g-dev

I think I’m supposed to use pkg-config but am unsure how this works.

sudo dnf provides "pkgconfig(zlib)"

This will give the name of the package if a library has a pkgconfig file. Don’t forget the quotes around the last argument.

That command returned that I have all this zlib stuff. I guess Kbtin can’t find it, but looks instead in Debian locations.

Repositorio : fedora
Resultado de:
Proporciona : pkgconfig(zlib) = 1.2.11

zlib-devel-1.2.11-22.fc33.x86_64 : Header files and libraries for Zlib
                                 : development
Repositorio : fedora
Resultado de:

zlib-devel-1.2.11-23.fc33.i686 : Header files and libraries for Zlib development
Repositorio : updates
Resultado de:

zlib-devel-1.2.11-23.fc33.x86_64 : Header files and libraries for Zlib
                                 : development
Repositorio : updates
Resultado de:

That says what the package is, but does not tell you it is installed. Install it.

1 Like

Okay, I installed x86_64 package. I had to do this with gnutls as well, same operation with pkgconfig. Utimately it worked, but couldnt find glib, so I searched online and found I had to install an additional related pkg called “glib2-devel”, after this I could configure and make a binary without errors for KBtin. Interesting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.